Where can I find the timetables?
- Timetables can be found on the Q-Con website, and during the convention there will be large posters around the convention buildings showing event times.
Are you streaming any content online?
When/Where do I sign up for tournaments?
- For most tournaments you can sign-up during the weekend, at the relevent area, before they begin.
However, PC eSport sign-ups must be made in advance, using this link.
For more information on the tournaments, including rules and other details, please visit the relevelent sections of this website.
Where do I get the con guides?
- In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, we have once again minimised our paper literature to only crucial details. All of the convention's up-to-date information is available on this web site, and can be accessed during Q-Con Weekend from your mobile device. In addition, all event desks will have posters and timetables showing what’s happening.
Will I be on camera?
- As part of the convention we will have our own photographers clearly visible in Q-Con T-shirts with Photographer badges. If you wish to not be in a photo/video please politely inform the photographer.
Can I take pictures or video?
- Q-Con encourages all its attendees to make as many memories as possible with friends. We would remind you to be courteous when taking photos which include others and adhere to the legal requirements for release permissions.
Do you have any rules or guidelines for Q-Con?
Anything else I should bring?
- Veteran convention goers wouldn't be caught without a few helpful items such as; an external battery incase you lose power, lightweight portable coat incase it rains, extra funds securely hidden, and bottle of water - Staying hydrated is always an important part of enjoying the convention experience.
Can I bring my own computer?
- No, you won’t need to. If you are entering the esports tournaments there will be PCs provided but if you want you can bring your own peripherals (keyboard, mouse etc).
What do I need to get into Q-Con?
- You will need the QR code from your Eventbrite registration if you have pre-registered (this can be brought on a phone or printed off) and the secret word you picked when getting the tickets.
- If you are paying in on the day you can pay by cash or debit/credit card at the desk or online (tickets on the day are £23 for a weekend pass or £13 for a day pass).
What are your rules for cosplay weapons?
- The rules for cosplay and weapons can be found here.
Can I bring my nerf gun/lightsaber?
- Nerf guns can be bought so long as they have no darts, remain visible as a toy and comply with the conventions props and weapons policy. Any nerf guns modified to look like real weapons will be asked to be removed.
- Lightsabers are welcome to the convention as part of a cosplay etc. but are still subject to the props and weapons policy section regarding horseplay.
How do I pre-register for Q-Con?
- Weekend pre-registration passes can be purchased via Evenbrite. Pre-registration passes cost £18.00 (plus an additional Eventbrite ticket fee). Please note that only weekend passes can be purchased in this fashion and day passes can only be purchased at the doors of the convention.
Will passes/badges be available to purchase upon entry?
- There will be one-day and weekend passes available to purchase on the day, but to avoid disappointment and to save money you can pre-register for the event via Evenbrite.
I can’t attend, can I get a refund?
- Regrettably we cannot offer refunds outside of exceptional circumstances.
When will I get my pass?
- You will get your badge at the event. Registration will be taking place in Enterprise Suite at the front of the Students’ Union building.
Does my badge have my name on it?
- Yes, it does - the names will be written on the badges before they are given out.
Does Q-Con accept credit card?
- Eventbrite and the venue’s registration desk both accept all major credit cards. Clements and the SU shop accept card payments, however trade stalls and artists are not required to accept any other form of payment other than cash.
Where can I park?
- There will be parking spaces on Elmwood Avenue but these fill up very quickly so if you want one of these spaces try to get down as early as possible. In addition, on Saturday and Sunday there is space in the QUB Library car park.
What public transport is available?
- Train - Queen’s Students’ Union is handily nestled between the City Hospital and Botanic Train Stations which are serviced by all Translink train services to Bangor, Derry-Londonderry, Larne, Portadown and Portrush. Each station is approximately no more than a five minute walk from the venue. For more information on train timetables and pricing, please visit the Translink website.
- Bus - Queen’s Students’ Union is a bus stop on the No. 8 Metro service running from Donegall Square to Elm’s Village on the Malone Road. For more information on bus timetables and pricing, please visit the Translink website.
- Bike - There are a no. of bike stands and even a Belfast Bikes bay outside the Students’ Union Building.
What hotels are available for booking?
- Single room accommodation is available within the Elms Village complex from £24.43 per person per night. Elm’s Village has car parking facilities for guests staying there, is a 15 minute walk from the convention venue and is a stop on the No. 8 Metro service to and from the Queen’s Students’ Union. Please note attendees staying must be 18+. please see our Eventbrite for more information.
I have a mobility impairment and/or use a wheelchair, are all areas of the convention wheelchair accessible?
- There are lifts and ramps around the building and you will be able to get to every area with relative ease (apart from SUTV where we are hosting the Starcraft 2 tournaments).
What is there to eat around there?
- There is a Clements on site which sells hot drinks, sandwiches and baked goods, the SU shop stocks a wide range of snacks and lunches. If you don’t fancy any of the on site options then we are a quick walk from Botanic Avenue where there is a number of food outlets including Build-a-Burger and The Pizza Co., several of these venues also offer special discounts for Dragonslayers members, as detailed here.
Is there free wifi?
- If you are a member of QUB you will be able to use to QUB Wifi.
- If you are a student at a University which uses Eduroam, then you can sign in to the Eduroam WiFi.
- Alternatively, there is The_Cloud which provides free Wifi for up to 4 hours.
What cash machines are available?
- There are two cash machines available within the venue as well as three more at the Ulster Bank located within sight of the front entrance of the venue, just past the Elmwood Hall.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us, please click here for a list of area-specific e-mail addresses.