Cosplay Talent Show
Come and join us as a spectator or show off your skills on a stage in front of our judges and spectators at our annual Cosplay Talent show. This event is filled with talent from familiar and new faces and is one of the most popular Cosplay events Q-Con has to offer where people will battle to win 1st or 2nd prize of our Talent show.
We welcome cosplayers of all levels from novices to pros to show-cast their dance moves, comedy acts, a scene from their favourite anime or maybe even their own personal skit performance. This event will surely leave you entertained and speechless because this is where all the fun is at.
- Cosplayers are required in Elmwood Hall no later than 1.30pm on Saturday for event orientation. If participants would like to practice their act they will have time from 13.00 - 14.00 for small rehersals, this time is limited and to first come first served basis so to avoid disappointment please come in early as we have to make sure everyone is finished rehersals and lined up at the back at 14.00 on the dot.
- There is a maximum time limit of approx. 5 minutes for a performance
- Cosplay outfits for the Cosplay Talent Show are not required to be made by the person wearing it, it can be store-bought. Only the Group/Cosplayer’s performance on stage will be judged for the following event.
- All costumes performances must be tasteful and appropriate for a general audience. Any activity on stage must be within the boundaries of the stage as shown by staff and must not be dangerous to performers or the audience. Your performance must also be suitable for both children, teenagers and adults alike.
- You are permitted to bring your own props such as guitars, wireless speakers, cosplay props etc. for your act.
If you require music for your act if the music is supplied via USB in .mp3 format during rehersals or in your registration form with the song/music needed as the first track and of the appropriate file size. Cosplayer’s and/or group’s name also must be clearly labelled on the following. It is recommended to have cues from the song for your skit’s beginning, especially for dance or timed skits (I.E a sound encoded into the track that indicates how long until the song starts and when to start with timing). Only one .mp3 track per performance is allowed. Audio CDs, portable music players, mobile phones or youtube links are not acceptable!
Unfortunately we do not have access to projector and for health and safety cannot permit any electrical appliances such as musical instruments or amps to be plugged into electrical socket or sound engineer equipment.
- Only a signed and fully filled out form will allow participation in Talent show.
Any breaches of the above rules may result in disqualification from the cosplay competitions. Severe breaches may incur any further penalties deemed necessary by the Q-Con Committee and/or venue security, up to and including ejection from the Convention and removal from the building itself.