One-to-one Judging Start Time
This competition is something that we always have a lot of entrants for each year as our wonderful cosplayers are not afraid to show off their cosplay craftsmanship skills, but hey we also let our cosplayers who have bought their cosplays or asked their family and friends to shine on the stage and show their passion for cosplay.
This competition is divided into two parts 1st for cosplay craftsmanship for those who make their cosplays from scratch where at least 70% of their cosplay is made by hand and 2nd part for all of our cosplay enthusiasts who want to show cast their cosplay on the stage in front of our lovely audience. Cosplayers of all levels are welcome to join us on the stage of the following event and cosplayers will be judged for 1st and 2nd prize for cosplay craftsmanship and a special category for best prop craftsmanship. So grab your foam sheets and worbla it’s time to add those finishing touches to your cosplay for the con as Q-Con is almost around the corner.
Registration and Judging (Part 1)
In the first part we allocate specific time for cosplayers who have made their own cosplays to show-cast their craftsmanship one on one with the panel of judges in our cosplay events hall. Our panel of judges are fellow cosplayers themselves who are friend of Q-Con for many years now.
It may sound scary for someone who is having their first 1 on 1 show cast ,but don’t worry our judges are both pro and also wonderful people who will make the judging relaxed and feeling like you are chatting in a group of friends about your cosplay.
Masquerade Show (Part 2)
Part two of the Cosplay Masquerade is a stage showcast which welcomes all of our fellow cosplayers to join the fun on stage. Come and show cast your cosplay and maybe even make your friends tag along to show cast your group cosplay from your favorite series.
We have the stage lights, cheesy tunes and a crowd full of spectators who are awaiting to see your cosplay on stage, you know you will have a great time at our Cosplay Masquerade and meet so many like minded people.
- A Competitive Entry into the Cosplay Masquerade requires that your Cosplay MUST be your own work and not made or commissioned for you by someone else. Allowances can be made in special circumstances at the discretion of the Committee; however in all other cases you will not be eligible for awards and prizes. If your Cosplay is not your own work, you must inform us of this. You may still take part in the walk-on Masquerade or the Performance category in this case, but your Cosplay itself won’t be judged for the prize.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the event staff at all times during the Cosplay Masquerade, including stage directions such as how and when to proceed onto the stage and where the boundaries of the stage are. Failure will result in disqualification and any further actions deemed necessary by the Q-Con Committee and/or Venue Security, up to and including ejection from the Convention.
- There is a maximum of 1 minute of stage time per person for Masquerade Catwalk entries.
- You can enter your Cosplay into both the Performance and Judged categories. Please inform the front desk regarding this prior to the Cosplay Masquerade.
- You may still take part in the walk-on Masquerade or the Performance category if you didn’t make your Cosplay but your Cosplay itself won’t be judged (you still receive 1 minute on stage in this case for the catwalk).
- Only a signed and fully filled out form will allow entry into the event. A Masquerade sign-up form must be completed fully for anyone looking to participate in cosplay masquerade both for showcast and competitive entry and talent show sign-up form must be completed per group if you wish to do a performance skit.
- All performances and Cosplays must be tasteful and appropriate for a general audience. Any activity on stage must be within the boundaries of the stage as shown by the Masquerade staff and must not involve rowdy play. Failure to comply with these will result in disqualification and any further actions deemed necessary by the Q-Con Committee and/or Venue Security, up to and including ejection from the Convention.
Any breaches of the above rules may result in disqualification from the cosplay competitions. Severe breaches may incur any further penalties deemed necessary by the Q-Con Committee and/or venue security, up to and including ejection from the Convention and removal from the building itself.