We are proud to see StarCraft II return to Q-Con for its 7th year! Often described as real-time chess, StarCraft II is the premier 1v1 eSport with no frills, no holds barred action from start to finish. With games lasting from 5 to 40+ minutes of action, there are hundreds of possible strategies and plays possible. Both fast hands and a fast mind are needed to achieve victory, often with victory and defeat being balanced on a knife’s edge.
With StarCraft II’s third expansion Legacy of the Void bringing whole new units, recent unit changes and a custom map pool for Q-Con, the sheer variety in strategy along with years long rivalries this Q-Con promises to show the best StarCraft ever played in Ireland.
If you’ve never played StarCraft but want to get involved don’t hesitate to come ask one of our numerous passionate players, casters or admins for a run down on the game. Whether it's the tenacious Terran, the pragmatic Protoss or the Zerg swarm, each race has its own strengths and weaknesses which the player uses to bring their opponent to their knees.
Tournament Rules & Information
- This tournament will use 4 4-person group stages into a 8-person single elimination bracket. This means the maximum number of players in this event will be 16.
- Round Format
- Grand Final: Best of 7
- Semi-Final and Loser's Bracket Final: Best of 5
- Every other match: Best of 3
- Each player may veto a single map from the map pool before each match, these vetoes must be communicated to the referee before the first map has been selected.
- Current ladder maps will be used
- In the case of a draw, the game will be replayed.
Tournament registration is now open, click here to register.
If you have any questions about the tournament, please feel free to contact email@example.com